Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm back...almost.


Most of you know that I've been gone the past half year hiking the Appalachian Trail - I'm about 250 miles from finishing, (~90% done). I got picked up from where the trail crosses a road near Andover, Maine, and I'm home for a few days.
I've taken a few days off throughout the trip - once in DC to visit my sister, once for the fourth of July to visit my folks, and once to go out to Colorado for my cousin's wedding. Doing anything beyond basic doodling is beyond me when I'm cooped up in my tent, but being back in civilization during those times has allowed me to do a little more. Right now I'm working on an animatic for a short I dreamt up, along with some character designs. Whether fully animating the whole short is worth it or not, I'm not sure yet - I'm going to see how the animatic plays out. But at any rate, it's been good to go through the whole rigamarole again. It sure beats drawing on a brown paper bag with a golf pencil.


1 comment: