Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Puppets Painted!

Over the break I worked on creating these puppets for my degree project: "The Armchair Detectives." They're constructed of a separated body and head (made from a light air-drying clay), which I'm using as a base to rotoscope over, so I don't need them to be very articulated. Anyway, I just finished painting them. I made the Russian boy awhile ago, sometime in October, and he doesn't fit in with the others as well as I hoped. I didn't put as much thought into his color as the others, and his construction isn't as solid, since he was the trial. But overall I'm pretty happy, especially with my fat, French girl.

The African girl is bald at the moment (I'm still working on her braids), so she's looking a little frightening right now.

When people have asked me what I've been up to, I've been telling them I've been spending a lot of time in my room braiding hair for my puppet-doll. So the termination of this segment of my project will hopefully bring a sense of relief to my loved ones. Don't worry everyone, I still have a ways to go before I become some creepy, loner puppeteer like John Cusack in Being John Malkovich.

Unpainted Puppets

"Ivan," my first puppet, on the left.




1 comment: